VanceNyCC PR Firm specializing in entertainment public relations VanceNyCC has opening in our intern program: You will not be filing or getting coffee but learning the inner workings of PR. This position is great for a student, or for someone looking to transition into the public relations field. The right person will be a hard worker, have great communication skills, willing to learn, and be responsible. Writing ability and understanding of blogging and social media is a plus. Must have computer and phone You will obtain experience in: Client relations, media relations improving your writing skills, writing press releases, pitching media, creating client collateral plus so much more. You must be responsible, committed, hard working, team player. Do what it takes to get the job done. Creative thinker, professional in written and verbal communication skills.
• Write press releases and other materials
• Make phone calls
• Create interview preparation materials
• Compile contact lists
• Create or update databases
• Greet guests and clients
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Motivated and committed
• Write and edit official track press releases/announcements
• Research and develop story ideas for releases, souvenir event program
• Strategize with PR team on ways to better engage with local and national media
• File and build credential requests from media outlets, team PR representatives
• Other tasks as assigned by Public Relations leadership team
The position is open for as long as the student would like, but a minimum length of 12 weeks, (21 to 35 hours/week) is required to receive a Certificate of Completion and a Letter or Recommendation. This position is open to students enrolled at any college or university or a graduate looking for real world experience. The students' interests must lie in the social networking and media field.